Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eddy  
#1 Posted : 21 August 2019 08:22:55(UTC)
Eddy

Hi 

Can anyone advise is there anywhere you can locate preprepared safety alerts, toolbox talks and checkheets that I can amend to suit myself.  In my last job the utilities firms all shared best pratice with each other to encourage safety throughout the industry.  Can someone advise please.  Thankyou  

jmaclaughlin  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2019 08:25:28(UTC)
jmaclaughlin

It depends on your industry, for the Railway its Safety Central, they have all the safety alerts, best practices, wellbeing and near miss videos etc etc.

https://safety.networkrail.co.uk/

Obviously you have to prepare your own toolbox talks, checklists.

thanks 1 user thanked jmaclaughlin for this useful post.
Holliday42333 on 28/08/2019(UTC)
Kiwi75  
#3 Posted : 27 August 2019 14:21:19(UTC)
Kiwi75

I have recently had to do something similar with inspections for all our work restraint and fall arrest systems that we have onsite for use with our MEWPS.  You can google and find a few sheets that you can adapt to suit but the best thing I done was contacted a manufacturer and arranged a meeting - I got indepth knowledge regarding inspections/requirements/legislation and they provided check sheets and toolbox talks that were specific to the items we use.