Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
abs  
#1 Posted : 22 August 2019 20:19:37(UTC)
abs

As a H&S practitioner myself, I am in the process of developing software that enables organisations to share (anonymously where preferred) key health and safety accident, incident and near miss data. Once basic data has been uploaded, organisations can:   1) automaticaly assess their own safety data (across different periods) and; 2) more importantly compare their safety data with almost identical organisations in the same sector   Beyond this, the software can be configured with user defined parameters to alert organisations of particular data trends with their own organisation and across their sector.   Currently, much of the health and safety benchmarking data is from the Health and Safety Executives annual statistics, which can be often be too generic to serve any real purpose. Or in a small number of cases, this data is manually collected by organisations who are part of data sharing groups.   I would just 2 minutes of your time in understanding how valuable health and safety benchmarking data is for your organisation and whether you believe software which provides real time data on sector health and safety experience will be of benefit in terms of understanding and setting the direction of your organisations health and safety strategy (and the use of your resources, both human and financial).   I thank you for your time and look forward to your responses.   Please click the link below to complete my very short survey.   https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/J8TB2YN

If you know anyone outside of the IOSH forum who can assist in this survye then please do share the link.

Thanks

Abdul

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2019 21:55:33(UTC)
Roundtuit

So a commercial survey to develop a commercial product to personal benefit - care to read the forum rules then decide if your post should remain or be deleted? Just for good measure are you applying the Data Protection Act (aka GDPR for the unenlightened)

Edited by user 22 August 2019 22:00:37(UTC)  | Reason: GDPR

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
webstar on 23/08/2019(UTC), webstar on 23/08/2019(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 22 August 2019 21:55:33(UTC)
Roundtuit

So a commercial survey to develop a commercial product to personal benefit - care to read the forum rules then decide if your post should remain or be deleted? Just for good measure are you applying the Data Protection Act (aka GDPR for the unenlightened)

Edited by user 22 August 2019 22:00:37(UTC)  | Reason: GDPR

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
webstar on 23/08/2019(UTC), webstar on 23/08/2019(UTC)
abs  
#4 Posted : 22 August 2019 23:26:00(UTC)
abs

Hi Thanks for raising your queries. It is not a commercial survey. It is a private survey linked to a private email.This is project I am exploring as I have a keen interest in data analysis as a safety practitioner. There will be no cost associated to the software. There will be a nominal cost associated to running the server which is self funded as its minimal cost. Indeed I am not advertising the software. I am asking for the views of people current benchmarking data sources. My goal is to enhance the provision of safer information. Re: GDPR will not apply as I will not be collecting any personal data.this is not my intention. To clarify again this is not a commercial software.