Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichardPerry1066  
#1 Posted : 15 November 2019 16:45:27(UTC)
RichardPerry1066

I'm looking for an online training package (or printable training materials) for Polish speaking catering staff who have limited English.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I can use an English package and use another member of staff to interpret that material but I'd like to take a look and see if there is anything which is already in Polish if possilbe.

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 16 November 2019 20:19:12(UTC)
Roundtuit

As COSHH is the UK application of an EU directive you will probably not find an exact match to your requirement - there are diffferent occupational exposures between the two countries even where there is an EU "community" level set.

Translating UK material is more appropriate for a UK work environment

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
RichardPerry1066 on 18/11/2019(UTC), RichardPerry1066 on 18/11/2019(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 16 November 2019 20:19:12(UTC)
Roundtuit

As COSHH is the UK application of an EU directive you will probably not find an exact match to your requirement - there are diffferent occupational exposures between the two countries even where there is an EU "community" level set.

Translating UK material is more appropriate for a UK work environment

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
RichardPerry1066 on 18/11/2019(UTC), RichardPerry1066 on 18/11/2019(UTC)
RichardPerry1066  
#4 Posted : 18 November 2019 11:31:43(UTC)
RichardPerry1066

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I'm not talking about delivering COSHH training to people in Poland but to Polish Speakers in the UK. So I'm looking for training materials which are in Polish about the principles of COSHH - particularly with a target audience of Catering staff. I don't need to tell them about exposure limits or the niceties of the law - I needt to help them understand the risks of the materials that they are exposed to and the things that we (and they) do to ensure that they suffer no harm.

MB1  
#5 Posted : 18 November 2019 13:22:02(UTC)
MB1

Originally Posted by: RichardPerry1066 Go to Quoted Post

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I'm not talking about delivering COSHH training to people in Poland but to Polish Speakers in the UK. So I'm looking for training materials which are in Polish about the principles of COSHH - particularly with a target audience of Catering staff. I don't need to tell them about exposure limits or the niceties of the law - I needt to help them understand the risks of the materials that they are exposed to and the things that we (and they) do to ensure that they suffer no harm.

Hi Richard,

I presume the catering staff have been training in elementary food safety level 1 or 2?

If so perhaps you could reach out to the trainer in how they obtained/translated this into their 1st Language?