Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paul.skyrme  
#1 Posted : 05 December 2019 10:09:17(UTC)
paul.skyrme

Hi,

Does anyone know when, or where I can find out when, HSE withdrew their document PM26 please?

I'm not after the document itself, I just need to know the date of withdrawl for a report! ;)

I've done a search and all that come up are references to that and it's replacement guidance.

Thanks in advance

Hsquared14  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2019 10:26:43(UTC)
Hsquared14

When I needed to track the history of a document I contacted HSE Publications who in turn directed me to the British Library - it took ages to get to the bottom of it - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that someone on here will have an old copy.  You should be able to get a rough date from the publication date of the new guidance that has been issued.

A Kurdziel  
#3 Posted : 05 December 2019 10:29:30(UTC)
A Kurdziel

I know nobody has every suggested this in the who history of this forum but have you tried to contact the HSE themselves? Normally we only contact them if there is something to report but perhaps  they might have this information and they may even supply it free of charge.

I will be curious to know if this left field approach actually works!
thanks 1 user thanked A Kurdziel for this useful post.
Hsquared14 on 05/12/2019(UTC)
paul.skyrme  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2019 10:40:48(UTC)
paul.skyrme

Originally Posted by: A Kurdziel Go to Quoted Post

I know nobody has every suggested this in the who history of this forum but have you tried to contact the HSE themselves? Normally we only contact them if there is something to report but perhaps  they might have this information and they may even supply it free of charge.

I will be curious to know if this left field approach actually works!

Yeah, I have done, but the 30 day response time is a bit of a pain.  I will let yo know what they say.

This only came up today when I was given access to the final set of documents by the client for me to finish my report which the same client wanted 2 weeks ago!

So I'm hoping for something official, other than the date of publication of the replacement guidance, which is not HSE provided.

thanks 1 user thanked paul.skyrme for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 05/12/2019(UTC)
chris42  
#5 Posted : 13 December 2019 09:17:32(UTC)
chris42

If you look at every one of the above posters posts, they are infected. As they obviously don't look at their posts to notice this themselves you can only assume it is deliberate, or they are deliberatly not doing anything about it. Perhaps a letter or withdraw login or something ?

A Kurdziel  
#6 Posted : 13 December 2019 09:37:41(UTC)
A Kurdziel

Not me; my original was clear but who is ressler?

It look like they are replying to my email but they're not the original poster 
Roundtuit  
#7 Posted : 13 December 2019 10:20:52(UTC)
Roundtuit

Another one of those "new forum members" adding hyperlink click bait for personal commercial gain against forum rules - reporting the posts is becoming a daily chore

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 13/12/2019(UTC), A Kurdziel on 13/12/2019(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#8 Posted : 13 December 2019 10:20:52(UTC)
Roundtuit

Another one of those "new forum members" adding hyperlink click bait for personal commercial gain against forum rules - reporting the posts is becoming a daily chore

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 13/12/2019(UTC), A Kurdziel on 13/12/2019(UTC)
chris42  
#9 Posted : 13 December 2019 10:36:12(UTC)
chris42

Originally Posted by: A Kurdziel Go to Quoted Post

Not me; my original was clear but who is ressler?

It look like they are replying to my email but they're not the original poster 

No not you, Ressler. (is that pronounced Re-seller).

Yes, I reported the other one today about lab reports, who are obviously not moving with the times. Now if it was competency evidence write ups and proof, they would do a roaring trade 50,000 x 69 (only kidding IOSH).

Mods a thing of the past (they used to ride scooters with excessive amounts of rear-view mirrors)

thanks 1 user thanked chris42 for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 13/12/2019(UTC)
A Kurdziel  
#10 Posted : 13 December 2019 11:00:23(UTC)
A Kurdziel

Thanks Chris I was feeling traumatised and unloved there for a moment!

chris42  
#11 Posted : 13 December 2019 14:05:19(UTC)
chris42

There is always lots of love, tolerance and balance on this forum for everyone (wait I think I have those rose-tinted specs on again).

Back to Paul’s OP tried to find end date but not sure if HSE have such things. They seem to just replace or allow to fizzle away, no real document control with Guidance or the web site pages ( I screen dump anything I want to rely on). Tried to use the ISBN number 0118833839 for PM26 to see if that showed an end date, but sadly no joy.

Chris

Edited by user 13 December 2019 14:06:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Harris41188  
#12 Posted : 19 December 2019 14:49:50(UTC)
Harris41188

Hi.  If PM26 is the document I think, have you tried contacting the Lift and Escalator Industry Association as they have referenced this in their documents before.  They may be able to help.

Sweep  
#13 Posted : 20 December 2019 09:40:38(UTC)
Sweep

Don't IHS Technical Indexes allow you to see the document version history and date withdrawn?  

chris42  
#14 Posted : 20 December 2019 10:12:57(UTC)
chris42

Originally Posted by: Sweep Go to Quoted Post

Don't IHS Technical Indexes allow you to see the document version history and date withdrawn?  

Not on their web site as I looked for Paul, only date of first published, they may in the background know if you contacted them. That is where I got the ISBN number

Chris

chris.packham  
#15 Posted : 20 December 2019 11:07:04(UTC)
chris.packham

One of my gripes with HSE is that when they issue a new document it does not appear that they check the content against information in older documents and update these. This is particularly true of some of their guidance documents. I can quote several documents that provide conflicting information. Since they may not deal with the same particular area of interest it has happened that someone has only taken the information from the older document, unaware that this is no longer the current position.