Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mersey  
#1 Posted : 13 January 2020 12:37:18(UTC)
Mersey

Hi,

Its time to start to revamp our Health and Safety Notice boards and drive some awareness around the sites.

I was looking for a good resource / image banks of snappy thought provoking health and safety posters which can be displayed around site 

The HSE have many posters I know, but wondering if there are any more recommendations? Good resources

Many thanks

Holliday42333  
#2 Posted : 13 January 2020 13:44:32(UTC)
Holliday42333

The world (Google) is really your oyster.  I have done something similar recently and created 50+ posters in no time at all.

What I would suggest is that you tailor part of the notice to your organisations own visual identity (or create one for this process).  Perhaps with different templates for different messages. This builds on the 'achoring and adjustment' heuristic (mental short cut) so that viewers recognise the type of information being communicated and associate it with a formal company SHE message without conscious thought.  

Remember pictograms are key and use of the Signs and Signal Regs can aid this.  I would place them, where possible, in areas that are frequently looked at without specific effort such as at point of use, sinks, toilet cubicles and above urinals etc.  Noticeboards tend to very quickly get bypassed unless you find another reason to make them a destination.

If you do take open access images from the web, I always make sure it is clear where the source information comes from.

Edited by user 13 January 2020 13:48:43(UTC)  | Reason: Additional text

thanks 1 user thanked Holliday42333 for this useful post.
Mersey on 13/01/2020(UTC)
grim72  
#3 Posted : 14 January 2020 10:01:08(UTC)
grim72

I've sent you a PM with a link to a compnay we've used in the past to have a look at

thanks 1 user thanked grim72 for this useful post.
Mersey on 15/01/2020(UTC)
SNS  
#4 Posted : 15 January 2020 21:18:39(UTC)
SNS

Also have a look at: businessballs.com and health and safety for beginners https://www.healthandsafetytips.co.uk they have a good spread of freely downloadable stuff.

Spudtastic  
#5 Posted : 15 January 2020 23:13:25(UTC)
Spudtastic

British Safety Council send a poster with every magazine. I would see if they sell them. Or look at corporate membership.