Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ballyclover  
#1 Posted : 13 January 2020 19:55:00(UTC)
ballyclover

Hi

I am wondering if anyome can point me in the right direction. I've been asked to carry out a safety audit on a engineering field agent who will be requested to perform maintenance tasks at a factory where our equipment is installed.

I'm looking for some pointers or template of things i should be looking for as i cannot really thing of much to audit other than the following

1. engineer is wearing correct PPE  for the job

2. He is falling site rules- inducted etc

3. isolating machinary.

4.correct tools and qualication for the job in hand.

5. correct site permit to work.

6. fire or other hazard awareness.

7. protection off others.

8. factorys own health and safety policy, safe guards and rules

I Cannot really think of anything else at this moment although something obvious will no doubt jump out. It would be good if someone was able to add any pointer or even direct me to a template..

Thanks in advance

A Kurdziel  
#2 Posted : 14 January 2020 09:20:05(UTC)
A Kurdziel

What about their driving?

Do they drive excess hours? Do they drive in a safe manner (do they use a mobile, do they speed etc).

Personal safety issues- are they safe on the sites they visit, from abuse, violence etc.

Are the stressed by all of that driving? Do they feel isolated?  All sorts of stuff to look at not just the factory floor.  Another one just came up-How do they fill in their reports –do they have any DSE type issues?

stevedm  
#3 Posted : 14 January 2020 09:38:20(UTC)
stevedm

I would take the full list of activities that they are likely to undertake which may be in something like thier job description or something like that and ensure that I have a question for each item...which should also be aligned to the risk assessment for the activity and making reference to the legislative requirements or company requirements that require compliance...that will pretty much make sure you cover everything...I'm sure you know this nut just rememeber objective evidence never assume...

Kate  
#4 Posted : 14 January 2020 16:22:48(UTC)
Kate

How are you going to do this audit?  Are you travelling to site with the engineer?  Collecting documentary evidence?  Interviewing the client by phone?