Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Polo  
#1 Posted : 27 January 2020 15:53:37(UTC)
Polo

Hi

I'm shortly attending the NEBOSH HSE Process Safety Certificate course and was wondering if anyone had any advice or resources that would help before i start?

I already have the reading list and am working through it.

If anyone has done it and can recommend anything else it would be appreciated.

Polo.

Ian Bell2  
#2 Posted : 27 January 2020 16:32:21(UTC)
Ian Bell2

Not done this certificate. Most safety engineers who work in process safety gain professional recognition via the I chem E not IOSH/NEBOSH - I Chem E are far more widely recognised in the process industries. The membership grade is PPSE - Professional Process Safety Engineer.

Many people do the MSc in Loss Prevention & Process Safety, run via Sheffield University.

Looking at the syllabus for the Certificate, I wouldn't waste your money - put it towards the MSc if you want to work in process safety. The NEBOSH course looks too light weight, lacking depth & rigour looking at some of the suggested lesson times for some of the topics.

stevedm  
#3 Posted : 27 January 2020 18:15:43(UTC)
stevedm

I would agree...it is ok if you are trying to raise awarenes within your organisation and get managers and supervisors in line....but not much else..