Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DFowler91  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2020 12:02:47(UTC)
DFowler91

Hello Guys I have been tasked with completing the MyHACCP FSE which guides you through the process of developing a food safety management system based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point principles as required by EU Food Hygiene rules. My organisation is within Care and Education and is therefore a slight grey area with the document. Has anyone got a completed report (within care if possible) that they wouldnt mind sharing to help assisst?

hopeful  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2020 15:32:35(UTC)
hopeful

Unless you have food safety qualifications I would steer clear as if there was a food poisoning outbreak or something similar the EHO would be looking at you and your experience etc. If you go onto the FSA there is a system called safer food better business which is designed for smaller organisations to comply with FS Regulations. PM me if you need any more information, happy to try and assist you where I can

rwgorman  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2020 14:34:53(UTC)
rwgorman

Quite agree with hopeful , go onto the FSA website  Safer food better business, you can download the whole book > EHO's like it as well so a bonus>

lorna  
#4 Posted : 04 February 2020 11:23:38(UTC)
lorna

Originally Posted by: rwgorman Go to Quoted Post

Quite agree with hopeful , go onto the FSA website  Safer food better business, you can download the whole book > EHO's like it as well so a bonus>

As an ex-EHO, I'd recommend the advice above - there's even a supplement for the care sector, although it is geared towards the older population. Why re-invent the wheel when there's a good, free option available online?