Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kellsmac83  
#1 Posted : 25 February 2020 12:47:36(UTC)
Kellsmac83

Hello hive

Hope all is well. 

I wonder if anyine can help me at all???

know there are heated spray booths for paint shop/workshops. The company I work for deploys a lot of traffic management signage to events and no matter what vinyl we buy, in cold weather it is brittle and can take a lot of man hours to manually strip these signs, expecially in cold weather.  We can deply signs as big as 2400mm x 2400mm and as small as 450mm x 750mm. The vinyl is not indicuadl letters but a printed sheet on vinyl with the artwork. - sticky backed vinyl.

My colleagues have spoke about installing a 'heat room', a bit like the spray booth but designed for signage stripping. Is there such a thing, I don't want to create/install something that is not safe, or instaleld not to h&s specs. Could we use a heated spray booth, only using the heated aspect of it? 

Thanks

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 25 February 2020 13:43:57(UTC)
Roundtuit

There are commercial dryers and warmers that would fit your description although you would likely be raising the temperature of the sign to something uncomfortable for the ungloved hand to carry

As vinyl is typically applied using a heat gun and spreader doesn't the reverse work for stripping?

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 25 February 2020 13:43:57(UTC)
Roundtuit

There are commercial dryers and warmers that would fit your description although you would likely be raising the temperature of the sign to something uncomfortable for the ungloved hand to carry

As vinyl is typically applied using a heat gun and spreader doesn't the reverse work for stripping?