Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mike52  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2020 10:04:04(UTC)
mike52

I have just witnessed 2 visiting consultants where i work. Surely this is a breach of social distancing and non-essential travel.

My question is the consultants at fault for coming on site or the company for allowing them on
RVThompson  
#2 Posted : 09 April 2020 10:17:55(UTC)
RVThompson

Both?

What were they consulting on, and couldn't they have 'consulted' via video link or similar?

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2020 13:22:05(UTC)
Roundtuit

Neither

Travel to work only where it is not possible to work at home.

Most consultants could work over video link however there will always be exceptions where this is not practicable for example incompatability with IT security and software solutions between both parties (by example Google has just banned Zoom from its corporate machines).

If they were not maintaining 2m distance what did you do, after all it is your workplace so your site rules?

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 09 April 2020 13:22:05(UTC)
Roundtuit

Neither

Travel to work only where it is not possible to work at home.

Most consultants could work over video link however there will always be exceptions where this is not practicable for example incompatability with IT security and software solutions between both parties (by example Google has just banned Zoom from its corporate machines).

If they were not maintaining 2m distance what did you do, after all it is your workplace so your site rules?

Kate  
#5 Posted : 09 April 2020 13:28:08(UTC)
Kate

I like the thought that visits by consultants are non-essential.  That is so often true :-)

How do you know the two consultants don't live together and so don't need to social distance from each other?

Were they invited or did they make a cold call?

thanks 1 user thanked Kate for this useful post.
Roundtuit on 09/04/2020(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#6 Posted : 09 April 2020 19:02:22(UTC)
Roundtuit

Kate

"Ooh you are awful. But I like you" - particularly that opion of the need for consultants

Roundtuit  
#7 Posted : 09 April 2020 19:02:22(UTC)
Roundtuit

Kate

"Ooh you are awful. But I like you" - particularly that opion of the need for consultants