Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mid Life  
#1 Posted : 07 May 2020 11:28:12(UTC)
Mid Life

Are there any H&S practioners out there that deal with the manaufactiree of Shipping Containers?? Im after some advise ref platforms and access to the higher levels of containers etc. Please feel free to PM me TIA 

Edited by user 07 May 2020 11:28:51(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Kim Hedges  
#2 Posted : 11 May 2020 08:29:47(UTC)
Kim Hedges

I cannot answer your question, it is too vague. 

I work in the crane industry and previously the transport industry, so I've worked with ISO containers quite a lot. 

What are you asking? 

thanks 2 users thanked Kim Hedges for this useful post.
Liddell45728 on 11/05/2020(UTC), Mid Life on 18/05/2020(UTC)
Mid Life  
#3 Posted : 18 May 2020 10:25:46(UTC)
Mid Life

Thanks for your response. Im trying to identify a suitable access system for working at the higher levels/ top of a container when they are being manufactured or repaired. This may be staging with fall protection, harnessess with fall arrestors etc. Any known systems currently in use for this application

TIA

BarryDSC  
#4 Posted : 21 May 2020 07:58:16(UTC)
BarryDSC

Hi Mid-life, i assume you are after 3 things 1 - The gangway design at the top of the tank container, 2 - The best and safest way to get up there and then 3 how to protect yourself from failing while up there? Is that correct?

Mid Life  
#5 Posted : 01 June 2020 12:22:33(UTC)
Mid Life

Sorry for the late reply Ive been changing jobs. Your absolutely right on that, so any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Edited by user 01 June 2020 12:23:43(UTC)  | Reason: Typo