Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
prads  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2020 19:11:03(UTC)
prads

Hi All,

I am looking for ideas to keep the employed engaged and committed and continue to feel secure even during this virtual working environment. Is there anything that you all are doing in your workplaces, which can be launched and managed while staying at home.

regards,

p

stevedm  
#2 Posted : 15 May 2020 13:02:16(UTC)
stevedm

Hi Prads

We have a weekly work related quiz with league tables for each team...I look after 12 teams across 8 countries..

We treat it as more of a bit of a social event and can last as long as we need to...it helps to communicate some examples successes anf ails from acros the network...I was sceptical at first but has boosted morale...

DaveDowan  
#3 Posted : 15 May 2020 13:37:31(UTC)
DaveDowan

Hi We are running Virtual coffe mornings , 30 minutes no work talk. usually smaler groups (up to 10) so guys can chat 

Natasha.Graham  
#4 Posted : 15 May 2020 14:15:52(UTC)
Natasha.Graham

We have a number of different things:

• Virtual coffee mornings
  • Buddy systems (partnered with a member of your team and you have to make contact at least 3 times a week)
  • Quiz sessions
  • Bingo sessions
  • Online PT sessions
  • Virtual lunch breaks
  • Mental Health First Aid drop in sessions

All seem to be working very well and helping those who are struggling.