Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WatsonD  
#1 Posted : 28 July 2020 09:09:38(UTC)
WatsonD

My company are currently looking at the prospect of integrating 45001 &14001 with the 9001 standard as part of some structural changes to the business

Has anyone any experience of this? If so, what are the pros and cons?

Should we integrate the system will we still be able to have a quality manager and EHS manager or will the structure need to change?

Will non-conformances in one adversly affect the other i.e. could one bring the others down, and therefore put them at greater risk? 

Kate  
#2 Posted : 28 July 2020 11:23:05(UTC)
Kate

IOSH have a useful guidance document on this, but I've forgotten what it's called.  I'll  see if I can find it.

You don't have to change the structure, as long as your Quality and EHS managers collaborate.  Top management of course take the responsibility for the whole thing.

thanks 1 user thanked Kate for this useful post.
WatsonD on 28/07/2020(UTC)
Kate  
#3 Posted : 28 July 2020 11:26:57(UTC)
Kate

I can't find it and I suspect it has disappeared.

It was called "Joined-up working" and went into the pros and cons of integrating your management systems.  My CPD tells me I read this in 2010 so I imagine it is now considered outdated.  However, I do remember finding it informative.

Edited by user 28 July 2020 11:33:14(UTC)  | Reason: To correct the title and add the date

A Kurdziel  
#4 Posted : 28 July 2020 11:36:28(UTC)
A Kurdziel

Isn't it PAS 99

Kate  
#5 Posted : 28 July 2020 11:36:55(UTC)
Kate

I am entirely unable to navigate to that guidance document on the IOSH website.  However, if you google "IOSH joined-up working" the pdf of it does turn up.

Kate  
#6 Posted : 28 July 2020 11:41:29(UTC)
Kate

PAS 99 is mentioned in it and is also relevant.

WatsonD  
#7 Posted : 28 July 2020 11:44:51(UTC)
WatsonD

Thank you Kate.

I couldn't find it via IOSH's search facility either, however, I have just managed to find it simply by typing 'Joined up working IOSH' into bing.

One in the eye for IOSH's search facility then

Kate  
#8 Posted : 29 July 2020 09:24:49(UTC)
Kate

My suspicion is that IOSH have withdrawn this guidance and didn't mean to leave it lying around on the internet.