Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
prads  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2020 12:58:18(UTC)
prads

Dear All,

I am seeking some advice on the HSE impact or risks and mitigations (if any) for installation of mobile communication transmitters on rooftop of the office. The antenna's frequency range is 3700 MHz to 40000 MHz.

Its a line directional antenna which is directed towards the nearest outdoor network tower.

Any advice in this regard is appreciated.

Regards,

PN

HSSnail  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2020 13:09:06(UTC)
HSSnail

Prads

have you seen this guidance?

https://www.hse.gov.uk/radiation/nonionising/faqs.htm#q2

I had to deal with a microwave transmitter on one of our buildings a few years ago - fortunatly it was such low output it fell in the "safe equipment" range. (Sorry not the correct term) but it took ages to get the information.

Not sure with the frequency you have given if its still none ionising or are you into the ionising range?

The yorkshire branch did an event on this topic a couple of years ago - i dont know if you contact them they may be able to provide the presentation for you.

Edited by user 11 August 2020 13:09:48(UTC)  | Reason: Lack of spell chech is a flipping pain!

thanks 2 users thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
Acorns on 11/08/2020(UTC), prads on 11/08/2020(UTC)