Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SarahD  
#1 Posted : 02 December 2020 12:59:42(UTC)
SarahD

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to tap into any collective experience with isocyanate monitoring - we currently use Honeywell's Chemcassette technology and I'd like to hear if anyone else has experience with this / their feedback on it in terms of reliability.

We have four different isocyanates onsite (HDI, IPDI, HMDI and TMDI); these come in IBCs and are pumped via an enclosed system with extraction etc. into a reaction vessel - our operators only interact with the chemicals during IBC changeover or if there is an accidential release scenario. We have all the BA / chemical PPE, health surveillance and admin controls in place, I'm just not convinced the monitoring is reliable.

Can anyone using isocyanates in a similar way share what they're using for monitoring / their experiences in this area?

Thanks...

chris.packham  
#2 Posted : 02 December 2020 17:12:14(UTC)
chris.packham

Sarah,

I have sent you a PM

Chris