Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohnNaylor  
#1 Posted : 21 January 2021 20:29:19(UTC)
JohnNaylor

Hi All,

I am after some help understanding what is acceptable practice for daisy chaining ( manifold) multiple propane cylinders. I have spent quite a bit of time searching for legislation and best practice for this but all I seem to find is various forums offering how to do it but nothing on if its an accepted practice.

I would appreciate any help you can offer on the subject 

THanks

john

Edited by user 21 January 2021 20:29:53(UTC)  | Reason: spelling change

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 21 January 2021 20:52:02(UTC)
Roundtuit

Why is bulk to manifold delivery not possible/practicable?

A clearer picture of why you are attempting this feat and its application would illicit a more practical response.

You are obviously aware most H&S take "daisy chain" to refer to electrical extensions which is a big No!

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 22/01/2021(UTC), A Kurdziel on 22/01/2021(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 21 January 2021 20:52:02(UTC)
Roundtuit

Why is bulk to manifold delivery not possible/practicable?

A clearer picture of why you are attempting this feat and its application would illicit a more practical response.

You are obviously aware most H&S take "daisy chain" to refer to electrical extensions which is a big No!

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 22/01/2021(UTC), A Kurdziel on 22/01/2021(UTC)
JohnNaylor  
#4 Posted : 21 January 2021 22:27:58(UTC)
JohnNaylor

Roundtuit, This is part of an NCRQ assignment. There is a photo of 6 propane cylinders linked or daisy chained together. I am to provide guidance for storage of these cylinders which is fine as I understand the requirements for that but what I've never come across before is the daisy chained cylinders. I would just like to to know if anyone can point me in the right direction as I'm sure there would be some guidance on this topic. I'll try and upload a photo later Thanks John
Roundtuit  
#5 Posted : 21 January 2021 23:13:58(UTC)
Roundtuit

Pretty sure we have a "Study Support Forum" - maybe you posted in the wrong forum?

Roundtuit  
#6 Posted : 21 January 2021 23:13:58(UTC)
Roundtuit

Pretty sure we have a "Study Support Forum" - maybe you posted in the wrong forum?

peter gotch  
#7 Posted : 22 January 2021 12:24:17(UTC)
peter gotch

John, in general you should be able to find suitable sources to answer an NCRQ assignment on the HSE website.

You could also check out the British Compressed Gases Association site which has some free guides on the use of LPG.

Ron Hunter  
#8 Posted : 22 January 2021 13:18:51(UTC)
Ron Hunter

WLPGA Guide for commercial kitchens includes details and standard requirements for manifolded installations.

Good Industry Practices - WLPGA

Page 31 0f 2015 guide for installations in commercial kitchens

stevedm  
#9 Posted : 25 January 2021 07:02:05(UTC)
stevedm

BCGA Cp5 will also help...free download from the BCGA website..

http://www.bcga.co.uk/pages/index.cfm?page_id=111&title=codes_of_practice_