Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
audi225  
#1 Posted : 18 March 2021 12:23:54(UTC)
audi225

Afternoon all - would be interested in any views on this:

I am currently reviewing risk assessments for the site. The original assessments flagged up that additional controls were required however now most of these additiional controls have been closed out.

May question is:  should the reviewed assessment now show the closed out additional controls as controls that are now in place.. or does it add more credibility to the assessment to leave the additional contols showing from the original assessment and to show these have been successfully closed out.

Any views appreciated

Many thanks

Hope that makes sense

CptBeaky  
#2 Posted : 18 March 2021 12:36:53(UTC)
CptBeaky

If it helps, I do both. I add the new controls into the risk assessment and this flows through to the safe system of work. I also have a "review" page attached to each risk assessment with notes from the reviews, dated of course.

I include them so that the risk assessment is complete should someone just print it off and to avoid confusion when reviewing them. However I like to have a record of what was done, when and by whom, just in case I need to know at a later date.

thanks 1 user thanked CptBeaky for this useful post.
audi225 on 18/03/2021(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 18 March 2021 12:51:34(UTC)
Roundtuit

If additional controls were identified by a previous assessment and they have in time been implemented then at the time of review they have become an existing control.

If you follow a two column table listing existing and additional controls then at the first assessment there will be items in both columns. Over time as you revisit the assessment items from the right column will either move across to the left as "existing" at date of inspection, remain on the right as still requiring completion or be removed as no longer appropriate.

IMHO the "live document" should reflect the current status, archive versions of the document should demonstrate the history.

thanks 8 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
audi225 on 18/03/2021(UTC), Kate on 18/03/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 18/03/2021(UTC), chris42 on 18/03/2021(UTC), audi225 on 18/03/2021(UTC), Kate on 18/03/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 18/03/2021(UTC), chris42 on 18/03/2021(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 18 March 2021 12:51:34(UTC)
Roundtuit

If additional controls were identified by a previous assessment and they have in time been implemented then at the time of review they have become an existing control.

If you follow a two column table listing existing and additional controls then at the first assessment there will be items in both columns. Over time as you revisit the assessment items from the right column will either move across to the left as "existing" at date of inspection, remain on the right as still requiring completion or be removed as no longer appropriate.

IMHO the "live document" should reflect the current status, archive versions of the document should demonstrate the history.

thanks 8 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
audi225 on 18/03/2021(UTC), Kate on 18/03/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 18/03/2021(UTC), chris42 on 18/03/2021(UTC), audi225 on 18/03/2021(UTC), Kate on 18/03/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 18/03/2021(UTC), chris42 on 18/03/2021(UTC)