Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 February 2003 13:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Deana Daniels Strugging to achieve an appropriate 'work-life balance', I am exploring the option of working on a freelance basis. I envisage fulfilling short term contracts and working as an 'external' to established health and safety consultancies. I would be grateful to receive any advice, guidance and to hear about other people's experiences. I am RSP and have qualifications in both health and safety and environmental health as well as over 5 years experience. I look forward to hearing from you.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 February 2003 12:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Farrell Deana I wish you well. I chose the freelance option 4 years ago when i was made redundant and have never looked back. It can (if you let it) turn into a 24/7 workaholic nightmare, but I guess it comes down to what you want to achieve from both a personal and business perspective. I built the consultancy up and sold out 12 months ago, I now work for a larger organisation and miss the freedom of spirit and expression that I had, I hope to return someday to the world of freelance as it is certainly both satisfying and rewarding. If you need any advice or have any questions feel free to ask, i am no Guru but have learned a lot over the past 4 years from having worn the badge and T shirt