Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 May 2003 07:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laura
I am currenyly employed as a Health and Safety Advisor for a medium size engineering company. I am looking to gain some more experience in different areas in my free time. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find part-time work or work from home? Any suggestions would be appreciated?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 May 2003 09:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Whiting
Laura:

I am sure many people would welcome an extra pair of hands from a person who is willing to put themselves out to learn

But question is where are those pair of hands based?

And do you have specific areas you want to study in?

If I can help you please e-mail in first instance at david.whiting@expressdairies.co.uk
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 May 2003 09:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laura
Sorry about the lack of information! I am based in South Wales, not too far from Cardiff.
I am a member of IOSH and have passed my postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health. My first two years of employment were enforcement based in a wide range of industries. I feel I need some new challanges and want to gain as much experience as I can. Hope thats a bit more information!
Admin  
#4 Posted : 29 May 2003 13:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hilary Charlton
I read constantly about the state of H&S in schools, I guess the majority of us are parents and regardless of job, the kids come first. Have you thought about applying (voluntarily of course) to be a Governor at a school and sit on the Health and Safety Committee - since the Law changed a few years ago, schools now have to take a measure of responsibility for their own health and safety and I know that they welcome any professional advice they can get for nothing (this is one of my free time pursuits). This will give you a good grounding in public sector H&S as opposed to your current position which sounds a lot like mine!

Hilary