Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 June 2003 14:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch In my posting on 20 May, I asked “Are you a qualified auditor with experience in the rail sector, including in particular, in relation to Ops, eg as a “Railtrack (Network Rail) approved lead auditor”, or working for a TOC? Ideally you will have received IRCA or equivalent training. However, such training will be provided for the right candidates. Your own objective might be to work as an auditor full time, or to combine auditing within a broader remit.” This prompted a number of emails from applicants who reminded me that an effective H&S professional should be able to turn their hand to any sector (as we commented in our proposals to our client!!) However, my last posting very deliberately set a particularly tight person specification to make up a team with diverse experience and qualifications. If you meet this person spec we can offer you an interesting challenge!If interested, please send your CV to me preferably by email to peter.gotch@babtie.com or by post to Babtie Group Ltd., 95 Bothwell Street, Glasgow G2 7HX
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 June 2003 14:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Anthony Cassidy What is the best way to break into the Rail Industry? I have worked in manufacturing for 10+ yrs and am experienced in safety and quality management. I am prepared to go down the ladder if this is what is required in order to climb it again.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 11 June 2003 07:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Abbott The Railway industry does appear to be a closed shop. How do you break into it? Regards, Paul.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 11 June 2003 09:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch Hi Anthony and Paul Suggestions in response to your question.... 1. Persuade an organisation working in the rail sector, eg a contractor, that their H&S team would benefit from someone with a fresh pair of eyes. 2. Find a role in an organisation which is involved across numerous sectors including rail. This will open up opportunities to get exposure in the rail sector (and is of how many in our audit team have little or no front line rail experience - but are part of a team which includes various rail engineering disciplines) What I am trying to achieve just now is the fine tuning of the balance of that team! Good luck Peter
Admin  
#5 Posted : 20 June 2003 08:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Rafferty Hello Peter would you consider a HMRI Inspector suitable for this position and if you how do I apply?
Admin  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2003 13:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch John Have emailed you direct. Regards Peter