Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2004 10:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin Turner Hi everybody, Does anybody have any contacts for HSE related employment in either France or Spain. I have an MSc (Eng) together with the Nottingham Trent Dip HSE & MIOSH plus teaching quals which include a TEFL cert. I also speak Spanish & some French. I have been working in Mexico as a HSE/PTW Oil & Gas refinery project manager and have also have exp of delivering NEBOSH/IOSH/CIEHO courses in Ingles y Espanol. Thank you for the help/muchos gracias por tu ayuda amigos - Martin Turner
Admin  
#2 Posted : 11 February 2004 14:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Angela Oakey-Jones Martin, As part of my MSc I made arrangements to go to work at Bordeaux university as part of the european programme Erasmus. Circumstances finally meant that I didn't go, which was a shame. However, it may be worth you going to universities to ask about contacts, so you could set something up. I will trawl through the information I have at home and let you know any contact details, if it would be helpful. Kind regards Angela Oakey-Jones 0207 230 4532
Admin  
#3 Posted : 14 February 2004 23:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin Turner Bonjour Thank you for responding Angela. By absolute coincidence I decided to drive to Bordeaux on the day that I posted the message. I am currently staying at a friends house in Limoge, central France, 2 hours from Bordeaux. It's a shame that you didn't take the MSc placement. Thanks for the information. I used to be a lecturer and have received an offer of a low paid TEFL job in Pamplona, Basque Spain however I think that I'll buy the Hymer motorhome that I came to see in France and just go off travelling until I find something worthwhile in Europe. Although this doesn't have much to do with HSE. The trouble is that I'v been spoilt contracting overseas and earning big money in relation to what's available in the UK. Keep in touch - Martin (martino_uk@yahoo.com)