Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2000 10:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By MALCOLM HAMILTON Looking for the Frequencies of portable appliance testing and should you test prior to installation or will the manufacturers test cover you. In addition do you have to re-test all your appliances if you are moving on mass to a new building.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2000 10:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rob McCarthy Malcolm Try HSG107, it contains useful information Rob
Admin  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2000 12:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan Malcolm, I have e-mailed you a copy of a safe working procedure that I introduced to a government department in 1998. The amount of PA testing you carry out depends on the nature of work you expect from your electrical equipment and the environment to which it is exposed. The testing regime in the appendix is an adaptation from the IEE guidance, that I found to be excellent. It removed much of the myth about how often PAT was required. e-mail me at; ciaran@confinedspaces.com if you want to discuss the matter further. Regards Ciaran