Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 12 January 2001 11:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment A number of years ago (4+) the HSE produced a free diskette with a complete list of safety related legislation. Is this still available on diskette or on a website somewhere? Can't find a reference for it! VMT Bryn
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2001 11:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Matthews Bryn, Would you let me know if you find it?? Cheers Bob
Admin  
#3 Posted : 12 January 2001 11:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Matthews I think I've found what you want. Go to www.hse.gov.co.uk the click on the "information sources" on the left then "electronic info" "Electronic products" and "current products" and bob's your whatsit Bob
Admin  
#4 Posted : 12 January 2001 11:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neil Budworth Check out http://www.safety-now.co.uk This site has the regulations on together with some brief guides. Best Regards Neil
Admin  
#5 Posted : 13 January 2001 17:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard The disk was contained in a publication called "Current Health & Safety Legislation" (last updated in 1998, it costs about £12.00 and is available from HSE books. I'm not sure how useful you would find it. Regards Richard
Admin  
#6 Posted : 14 January 2001 17:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Bennett Keeping up with current health and safety law can be a daunting prospect. To help business, the HSE has produced a list of all current legislation for which it has a responsibilty. Supplied together with the hard copy version this comprehensive list is produced on diskette to make search and access easier. The disk is readable in ASCII and Microsoft Word, making it compatable with most PC word processors. The 1998 edition (which incorporates legislation up to December 1997) is the most recent version. Diskette 1998 ISBN: 0 7176 1566 9 Price: £12.50 + VAT http://www.hse.gov.uk/elecprod/index.htm
Admin  
#7 Posted : 15 January 2001 09:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Thanks to all for the info Bryn
Admin  
#8 Posted : 16 January 2001 17:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike HSE's Legislative Database goes live at http://www.hsedirect.com on 22 January. This may be what you are looking for. You will need to register to access the whole site.