Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2001 11:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By pschu Hi, I am employed in a big construction company as a safety officer and my safety group is really great that we have the opportunity to have a monthly meeting with my director monthly. In a recent meeting, we have a serious incident occurred on site and the responsible officer reported to him. He was angry and asked whether the corresponding safety officer took the responsibility for such incident. If no, when was the safety officer responsible for serious incident or accident? I seek your valuable comment. Regards, PS Chu
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 September 2001 14:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Maggie Atterbury As far as I am concerned, managers at all levels manage the safety of staff that report to them. Safety Officers/Advisers assist and support them in this, by the advice that they give. Unless your job description states that you "manage" safety on site then it is the same set up for you. Of course we can all be held accountable if we are negligent or give duff advice. Maggie Atterbury