Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 September 2001 09:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alyson Wilson I am planning on running a permit to work course in house. The current permit authorisers have previously received training and this course is designed as a refresher as well as to train new authorisers. I want to use a video for visual impact to show the importance of using a permit to work system and why it should be used correctly and adhered to. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything which specifically relates to permits. Does anyone know where I could purchase a video? Many Thanks Alyson
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2001 14:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah Bessey Alyson One of the best h & s videos I have ever seen was about the Piper Alpha disaster. One of the main lessons to be learnt from this video was that the permit to work system had not been adhered to! I think you can buy this video from the BBC, sorry I can't be more specific but have only seen it once during a training course. Regards
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2001 17:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Allan Alyson The video is called Spiral to Disaster - from the BBC disaster series on http://www.bbcworldwide.com/vet/ Relatively cheap and certainly thought provoking. We use it extensively to emphasise a number of topic inc PTW. Obviously this show the results of failure of PTW as well as other Safety Management failures. Vocam (www.vocam.com)do a decent video in relation to PTW and confined spaces. David
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 September 2001 13:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alyson Wilson Sarah & David, Thanks for your help. I already have a copy of the Piper Alpha Disaster. I've since carried out some more research on the internet and I have managed to find 1 video on Permits which is produced by Paragon. I would have thought that there would have been more video available on this topic but it appears not. Thanks Alyson