Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2001 19:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J Harvey I have been trying to find some research on the accumulative effects of Polyvinyl Chloride dust particles. I am aware of all of the general guidance and the standards within EH40 however wondered if any specific research had been carried out. The OES has also been raised in the 2001 EH40, what research might this have been based on? Any ideas or help would be welcome. Peter Harvey
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 October 2001 12:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike Peter, PVC dust has had the same OES since the first EH40 in 1984 so I am not sure why you think there was an increase in EH40/2001. There was a 20% downward adjustment in the respirable OES in 1996 to allow for new international particle size definitions but that's all. Did you know there is some old HSE specific guidance in EH31 (May 1992), probably out of print, but not superseded as far as I know. The reference to health effects was C.Soutar, Thorax, 35, 644- (1980).
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 October 2001 20:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J Harvey My error, for some reason I read the alteration when I looked through my old EH40, however I could still do with some help. I tried to find the article C.Soutar, Thorax, 35, 644- (1980). however had no luck, although I found several others by Souter on dust particles. I really would like to get more information on PVC dust as backgroud reading for some work I am carrying out. Peter Harvey
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 October 2001 09:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods Peter I am working on finding the informatioin as promised. Will contact you as soon as I recieve it. Robert Woods