Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 October 2001 23:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Larry Bishop, CSP Anyone have a source for Vietnamese safety posters... I need to find basic posters like (Caution, Eye Protection Required, Authorized Personnel Only.....) Any Ideas?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 October 2001 01:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Urquhart Larry. Do a web search for Vietnam. I found quickly one link to the Vietnamese Embassy in USA and on the left side of the page an index that took me to Government departments. I found Ministry of Education and Training and Ministry of Industry, both addresses in Vietnam but they should be able to help you. Whichever Country you are based in, I presume the UK, try a search for the The Vietnamese Embassy or Ligation in UK and make contact. The American site is www.vietnamembassy-usa.org. Equally, no doubt an e-mail to the above and they will contact with guidance. Also contact The International Labour Organisation in Geneva, Switzerland, www.ilo.org They have a South East Asia Unit and they will have contacts for Health & Safety issues in Vietnam. Also talk to USA Trade Departmets, lots of US Corporations have Businesses in Vietnam and they can possibly advise you as to Trade and Business links whose people I am sure could advise you about local Safety culture and resources. Also contact The UK www.opengov.uk and try the Department of Trade and Industry and other links for overseas investment and trade with Government support. The Foreign and Commenwealth office site will also probably assist you. Try also The British Council. If all this fails, Make Your own. If you are reasonably Computer literate or you have access to people and resources that are, then use Power Point and with a bit of Vietnamese language help, Try University language Departments, The BBC World Service Language Service etc. Draft your Posters, use known International and European Symbols and add Vietnamese language. A lot of Vietnamese workpeople have knowlede of Safety and work notices, quite a lot have had work mobility within Asia in recent years and have had exposure to The safety cultures of places like, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malayasia, Australia etc, so you will find if you are working in Vietnam they will understand some basics alredy. If you are dealing with Vietnamese in UK or Europe then you will find that they have liaison and cultural groups throughout local society and commerce in the countries that they have adoptd as domocile and you should be able to make contact with some of these local groups and get language and culture help that way as well. UK Government Dept of Immigration should also be able to help. Try your local Main Police Headquarters. What do they do for language help if they have cases involving Vietnamese. They might be able to put you in touch with Interpretors. I work in Hong Kong currently and South East Asia and we make up a lot of Safety Posters in local language, (particularly Cantonese) using Power Point. We produce them in Colour in A4, A3 and Ao sizes and they seem well received. If you e-mail me I can snd you some examples. Hope this is of some help. Regards. Ken Urquahrt