Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 October 2001 14:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Barrie Price-Davies I have been asked to find product safety data sheets on the following products: Lever mild soap, R6 toilet cleaner, Keen Lemon Fresh Air Freshener, and so on. All of these products are used in Anti-Natal department in a hospital. Direct contact from manufacturers would be most welcome. Any idea's Thanks Barrie
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 October 2001 17:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods Barrie, Contact your supplier and ask for one. Have a look on the packaging for the address of the manufacturer and write to them. If it's just a case of your manager won't give you access to the MSDS get your union safety rep to ask for copies. they can't refuse to let him/her see them. Robert Woods..
Admin  
#3 Posted : 26 October 2001 21:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Whittle Barrie, I assume you may be meaning Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). These are required by CHIP regs for substances and preparations classified as hazardous (i.e. toxic, corrosive, irritant etc). These may not be necessary for the mild soap or air freshener as they may not be classified as hazardous according to the criteria in the regs (although aerosol air fresheners may have a flammable propellant now that CFCs have been banned). The toilet cleaner may be may be classified as hazardous either due to the concentration or if it cannot be mixed with other substances (eg acid & bleach cleaners). In which case the supplier should have provided an MSDS. I think it may only be necessary to put information regarding correct use of products on the packaging for things not classified under CHIP. Regards, Steve Whittle.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 October 2001 02:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Just give Lever Brothers and Keen a call and ask for the MSDS records they will fax them straight away. Thats always been my experience anyway. Just as a thought you probably get these items through NHS Logistics in which case they should also be able to supply you with the details. If you need anymore info click on my name at the top in blue and e-mail me. Ashley