Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 December 2001 00:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Prishanthi. G OHS Management Systems are very important at all workplaces. But do you think the system is working (being followed) effectively, is it being monitored effectively? What part of the OHS Management system do you think is important (which model? Bird's , Adams , etc) and Why? Thank you for helping me out!
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 December 2001 09:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Sorry to ask but as you posted the message twice to the wrong forum, are you wanting help, advice or it doing for you? Ash
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 December 2001 14:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Prishanthi. G Dear Ash, This is my first time using a discussion group so I didn't know I posted the question in the wrong place. Sorry about that. I do however need help , not doing the assignment for me. "My assignement is to post a question on a discussion and monitor the responces to figure out recent trends and issues that OHS students, professionals and people working in the OHS field around the question I posted or related issues that the responders post." If you could help me out that would be great. Thank you PRi
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 December 2001 14:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams OHS Management systems oh what fun, well from my perspective i mainly deal with SME's and the Voluntary sector although some larger organisations do ask us for the odd bit of assitance. From the organisations i deal with very few have any form of OHS Management System in place some dont even have safety policies or risk assessment, which is why they have come to us, we can help them set it all up for free. I tend to get them up and running following the HSG 65 model which is simple and easy to follow. Once they are on their way, we still offer a support and guidance service but have no direct involvement other than perhaps and inspection or Audit at their request to see if things are working. Hope this helps Ash