Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 01 January 2002 22:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Lehane Dear Colleague I would be grateful if you would complete a questionnaire as part of my PhD research project. Details below. If you would be willing to receive a questionnaire in the summer please send me your e-mail address. I am a Environmental Health Officer with the London Borough of Bromley specializing in Health & Safety and Licensing. My research proposals involve looking at how Managers and Safety Professional utilize Counterfactual Thinking as part of the investigation. Counterfactual thinking involves mentally undoing an outcome to bring about an alternative one. Thoughts such as "If only ........." are typical of counterfactual thinking. I have recently commenced my research at London Guildhall University under Dr David Hardman. I am now seeking to establish contact with a range of people and organizations with whom I may be able to work. I am seeking agreement well before I am ready to undertake data collection (Summer 2002) but I am expecting to have to make a wide range of requests and contacts to ensure that I have an adequate population from which to sample. I am hoping that you will be able to offer some assistance. If you can I would very much appreciate being able to send you a copy of my questionnaire. If you are able to forward copies to other safety professionals or indeed managers at your work place that would be an additional bonus. 1. Are you willing to receive a questionnaire? if so please let me have a postal address so I can send it to you. I will e-mail if preferred 2. Are you able to forward a questionnaire to any other safety professionals in your organisation. If so how many? 3. Are you able to forward questionnaires to any managers? If so how many? Thank you Paul Lehane pml@classicfm.net paul.lehane@bromley.gov.uk
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2002 17:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Beaumont Paul, Please feel free to forward a questionnaire. Stuart Beaumont Senior SHE Advisor Styles & Wood Ltd Merlin Court Atlantic Street Altrincham Cheshire WA14 5NL sbeaumont@styleandwood.co.uk
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 January 2002 13:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Hutchings Please feel free to e-mail me a questionnaire. Regards, Ian Hutchings
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 January 2002 15:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Brede If you e-mail me a copy I will circulate it to other H&S advisers in my organisation. David
Admin  
#5 Posted : 04 January 2002 02:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By aidy best Just to diversify, a LOT of information can be sourced from ludvig Benner (for all you chappies requiring information sources on accident investigation etc for dip 1 and 2 studies) link at http://home.cox.rr.com/lbjr/arch1.htm or just type in ludvig benner on your search list - he gets everywhere. His approach should i say it is different but interesting (lots of bedtime reading for all you insomniacs)