Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 28 January 2002 14:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hugh Coyle I am currently reviewing the service available to our company, a UK FTSE PLC, Does anyone have experience of setting up a rehabiliation / return to work programme in the UK? Unfortuneatly, most of the research and services I have seen offered has been aimed at US corporations, but I am looking for services aimed at a geographically spread UK company. The return to work scheme should deal with workplace and non-workplace illness and accident. Any advice on getting started, such as external service providers etc., would be much appreciated.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 28 January 2002 16:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston Although narrower in focus than your request, a number of the inititiatives in the back in work campaign might fit the bill http://www.signupweb.net...Awards/Winners_Table.htm You could also try Osteopaths for industry - I've seen evidence based stuff from them, too http://www.btinternet.com/~ofi.services/ The British Society of Rehabilitation Medecine may also be worth contacting http://www.bsrm.co.uk/
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2002 08:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Rees Hugh, You may find that your insurance company can provide the type of service/support that you are after. We are a UK FTSE PLC also with about 40 sites UK wide(and Ireland). We have now a very good case management procedure set up with Zurich. This deals with a fast-track absence management that has occurred due to work-related illnesses/accidents, ie we can (under certain procedural restrictions) get the patient to, for example, a BUPA physio, rather than them waiting for an NHS one. The advantages of this to the company are that it tends to bring the injured person back to work more quickly, and can reduce any potential claim for compensation. For the employee - they feel that the company does actually care, and are happier with the faster treatment.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 04 February 2002 20:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Marilyn Martin Try a company called Rehabworks in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk who have extensive experience in this field. They have a website - address I think is www.rehabworks.com Good Luck.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 05 February 2002 15:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Elizabeth Hallows I am currently involved in setting up a rehab and return to work scheme for a local government organisation,limted only to people absent as a result of musculoskeletal disorders [could be as a result of home or work injury, or simply an insidious onset]. To make the case for funding, I gathered relevant info together [such as input that has proved successful], and would be happy to email you the final report, if it would be helpful to you. Elizabeth Hallows e.hallows@ntlworld.com