Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2002 13:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Rees Can anyone give me any guidance on where I can find a definitive list of what medical surveillance is required (and recommended frequency) under all of the legislation that exists. So far I have a list of:- Night shift workers; Fork lift truck operators; Dust mask users; Compressed air repairers/users; Workers working in a mandatory noise protection zone. All of these are on an annual basis, but what other requirements are out there?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2002 00:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Archer. Peter, Just to give you something to be going on with, look at regulation 11 of The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1999. Then at schedule 6 of these regulations. Should be enough to keep you busy for the time being. Keith.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2002 17:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston then add exposures to asbestos (CAWR), lead (CLAW)and ionising radiations (IRR). If you're including Noise (which strictly speaking requires Health, rather than the stricter Medical Surveillance) then you probably want to include exposure to HAVs too (MHSW) I highly recommend Professor Raymond Agius' Health, Environment & Work site http://www.agius.com/hew/index.htm
Admin  
#4 Posted : 04 February 2002 20:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Marilyn Martin There is a fair amount of guidance within HSE literature under the Medical Guidance series. If you are unsure, it could be worth contacting an Occupational Health Physician at your nearest hospital which offers an OH service. If not, try the Society of Occupational Medicine in London - they have a web site which could give useful contact. EMAS - try your nearest HSE office, would also be able to assist you. They would certainly be able to advise which checks are mandatory and which are considered "good practice" Marilyn Martin