Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 February 2002 16:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J Harvey I have last week been asked a question about a gas powered FLT, can anyone help. This is a standard reach truck with the gas cylinder mounted on the rear behind the cab, the staff asked me if it was possible to have a pressure gauge on the cylinder to assist in changing. I have spoken to the hire company, however they tell me this is not normal practice. However I wonder if this fits into the Pressure Systems Regs, in which case a gauge would be required?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 February 2002 10:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jay Joshi Transportable gas containers were removed from the scope of PSTGCR 89 by the Carriage of Dangerous Goods (Classification, Packaging and Labelling) and Use of Transportable Pressure Receptacles Regulations 1996 . Transportable gas containers are covered by CDGCPL2 as transportable pressure receptacles. All refillable cylinders are considered to be transportable pressure receptacles for the purposes of the Carriage of Dangerous Goods (Classification, Packaging and Labelling) and Use of Transportable Pressure Receptacles Regulations 1996. Further information on the use of LPG can be obtained from the LPG Association. LPGA publishes various Industry Codes of Practice www.lpga.co.uk