Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 February 2002 15:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Huckle Hi there, I am looking for any info or recomendations for a good training video on basic ladder safety for an occasional user, it will be used in conjunction with an experienced user delivering the training course. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Chris Huckle
Admin  
#2 Posted : 25 February 2002 16:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Denis Hands The Construction Industry Training Board do a video that features the use of several means of access including ladders. From memory, the safe use of ladders forms a significant part of the programme as a whole. The video, which is called Accent on Access comes complete with a Trainer's Manual that advises how to incorporate the video into a complete training session. It is available from CITB Publication Sales - tel 01485 577800.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 February 2002 09:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Huckle Denis Thanks for the information, I will be ordering a copy. Regards Chris Huckle
Admin  
#4 Posted : 27 February 2002 19:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Barry Mageean Chris, I recently got a very good video from the National Federation of Master Window and General Cleaners. Its up to date, very 'watchable' and only cost £60. Contact them on 0161 4328754 The video is called "Walk up, Walk down'
Admin  
#5 Posted : 28 February 2002 09:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor The CITB also do one called 'Alright at Height'. Suitability tends to depend upon the category of staff involved and the extent of access equipment to be used. Both videos come with traing notes which can be adapted to make slides, OHPs, etc. (Yes I am that 'old-fashioned').