Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 March 2002 10:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By James Kennedy Hi folks, I have been asked by a friend of mine to help him with putting together a safety statement for his very small company. He has only 4 people working with him in his small construction firm. he deals a lot with extensions and repair works. Has anyone got a safety statement that they could forward on to me so I can take hints from it to help him put his togther. I realise that the construction industry is a very difficult industry to prepare a safeyt statement for and I really need help on this. Many thanks, James
Admin  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2002 16:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt Hello James, What you're looking for is called a safety policy in the UK - in the Irish legislation it's called a safety statement. I thought I'd mention this as otherwise your request may put some people off. Safety statements over here are altogether more complex, and not what you have in mind. You should find some help on the HSE Website, and I'm going to email you some material you can use as a checklist. Best wishes, Allan