Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 April 2002 14:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Yosief Sirs, I request for a 'permit to work' to develop myself as 'competent person' in 'osh'. It sounds like the 'risk assessment' probably didn't approve the 'cost benefit analysis' and people thought the 'BPO' was to keep quite. I don't know whether it is my 'chemical safety' or my 'access equipment' not right. Now then, do I complain to the 'safety committee' or do I make one more 'accident investigation'? I appeal for 'consultation' or 'safety signs & signals Regs 1996' to the 'MOHASAWR 1992 ooops 1999'. Other wise, I am left to put a claim to the 'tribunals' for 'negligence' after writing all this 'method statement'. ===== That is simply to say, that I was interested in working as a safety assistant or volunteer for the time being. I am currently undertaking a Nebosh certificate course at South London College for June exams. yosief
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 April 2002 10:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By George Wedgwood Yosief, at least you have taken time to 'advertise' your intent for exposure to OSH activities in order to improve your practice! However, I believe the best way to get started is by meeting fellow OSH empowered people and they will mainly be accessible through the Branch Network. Go to your nearest Branch meeting (details from this website)and talk to some of the Members of IOSH. You never know what could come of it. I firmly believe in mentoring and that's what you need - a good mentor. You can always get some practice by working on this Chat page - select some of the questions and try to formulate suitable responses. You will often find that challenging and thought provoking! Another way of meeting possible sponsors for experience would be to find your local branch of the Engineering Employer's Federation or the local Chamber of Commerce - both are always looking for reasonable advice for their members! I hope you get some positive response here but don't wait - explore as many avenues of possible experience as possible all at once and perseverance will pay off in the end. Good luck - George (FIOSH & Council Member)