Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 April 2002 22:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By tony burton I am after any information or sources of information regarding the collapse of the dry dock that happened recently in Dubai
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 April 2002 07:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Urquhart Tony, Look at the BBC web site. http://news.bbc.co.uk/ In the search facility type in "13 Dead in Dubai Shipyard flood", 27th March 2002. You will get a BBC News report. Seems that plates on a dock gate ruptured or collapsed allowing a vast flood to inundate the dry dock which had about 500 workers in it at the time. Other reports that I found just by doing a browser bar search show 27 dead. Try also Reuters and Yahoo and maybe even the Financial Times. On the "Yahoo" page type in "Dubai Dry Dock flood deaths" and you should get another report. Also although I have not checked it out, try New Civil Engineer Magazine or Construction News for the incident which occurred on 27th March 2002. The Dubai Dry Dock Company web site gave no information. (dubai.gov.com) Hope this helps. Regards. Ken Urquhart