Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 18 April 2002 13:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Sweetman One of our overseas locations has asked me to look into the sensibility of their usage of portable gas heaters and LPG cylinders. Throughout the winter they use several of these heaters as their is no central heating. To faciltate the use of these heaters, they appear to have large quantities of LPG cylinders stowed in various places around the building. I'm at present digging through various guidance on this kit and the HFL/LPG Regs. To shortcircuit the reading; 1) has anyone dealt with a similar situation? or 2) is anyone aware of any available guidance that is more specific to this situation?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 19 April 2002 09:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nicky Try Guidance note CS8, from the HSE. Small scale storage and display of LPG at Retail premises - I think that it is just the leaflet that you need. Also http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg308.pdf, this will give you references to other material. Best wishes, Nicky
Admin  
#3 Posted : 19 April 2002 16:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Scott CS4 also gives information wrt the keeping of LPG cylinders and similar containers. It would suggest that you probably have open flame type fires in these offices. Have you spoken top your Insurance Company? They are bound to hoave some help at hand!! Beware of HFL/LPG Regs as they are about to disappear via DSEAR.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 19 April 2002 16:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Scott Sorry Jim, I have just realised that CS4 and CS8 for that matter has been merged and updated by the LP Gas Associations COP 7, Code of Practice Storage of Full and Empty LPG Cylinders and Cartridges.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 23 April 2002 12:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Sweetman Nicky/David, Thanks very much for the responses. All assistance is greatfully accepted,especially as it motivates me to look at the DSEAR ConDoc which has sat on my desk for a little while. Regards Jim