Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 April 2002 10:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah Darby I am currently working for a large national organisation to review and possibly to improve their incident and accident reporting system. I am interested to learn how this system compares to those used by other organisations or to those available off the shelf. Due to the size and nature of the business in question, there is a fairly large volume of reports to handle. The current system involves a complex database system which requires the user to input details through a series of screens. Details required include the date and time of the incident, the people involved, witness details, any injuries incurred including any lost time and the nature of the activity being undertaken at the time. The user is also required to classify the incident into one of 23 categories. The system has some standardised reporting facilities but for more complex or customised reporting, the user is required to run Business Objects. One useful feature of the system is its automatic notification function whereby using pre determined distribution lists, the system sends out e-mail notification of an incident to the appropriate people within the organisation. It can also be used to generate HSE reports where required. I’d be very grateful if any one could spare the time to either have a chat with me about other systems out there or to share information on best practice regarding accident/incident reporting tools. Any help would be much appreciated. My contact number is 01509 282531.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2002 23:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Whitfield Sarah, Give Airsweb a try free. I think their address is www.airsweb.com Hope this is of help. Regards Dave Whitfield