Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2002 06:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Boyes-Jackson I am currently researching the present state of Health & Safety in Schools, particularly primary schools. If a child is injured, who pays? I am interested in any legal case studies, against the school, teacher or LEA. Has anyone got first hand experience or knowledge of good reference sources? I can be e-mailed direct at: she.advior@btinternet.com. Many thanks.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 April 2002 09:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murphy Interesting approach to be looking for prosections and who's to blame. Certainly where LEA's are concerned I think we can say that (un) fair funding, schools PFI and a desire by head teachers and teaching staff to teach rather than manage would elicit much more of a response. (It certainly has not made our task any easier)!! Regards John
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 April 2002 10:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murphy Sorry Richard. Forgot to add that you will get some useful information about enforcement notices from the HSE Enforcement database (See Education)
Admin  
#4 Posted : 27 April 2002 13:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eddie Newall The HSE Public Database of Convictions is at: http://www.hse-databases.co.uk/prosecutions/
Admin  
#5 Posted : 27 April 2002 17:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murphy Whoops sorry, I meant notices database which is at http://www.hse-databases.co.uk/notices/
Admin  
#6 Posted : 29 April 2002 11:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Waldram I agree with John - why do you equate 'state of safety' only to serious failures, i.e. prosecutions, rather than successes as well? Have you included the IOSH Guidance on Preparing Young Persons ...' in your survey? (available in the Technical section of the website).