Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 14 May 2002 14:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Thompson
Sorry if this is an old thread but I need to know what other companies out there are doing. In my organisation we are trying to get together a workable policy for the use of mobile phones in our fleet. We want to ban use of any type of mobile while driving, including the use of handsfree ones, in line with DETR etc. advice. Can any of you share with me your own companies policy on this issue please? Just the bones would suffice. Best practice is usually a good measure and I'd be grateful to know what you are all doing.

Regards

Mark Thompson
Admin  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2002 17:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Annetta Maslen
Mark, We do exactly as you have said - staff are not expected to answer the phone whilst driving - whether handsfree or not. All phones have a message answering service which should be used - exactly the same as if the employee were in a meeting. This is at present a recommendation and has not yet been incorporated into formal policy, but will be very shortly.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 15 May 2002 09:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Elliott
Mark,
I have sent a copy of the policy I am currently working on. If you don't receive it please let me know.