Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 14 June 2002 14:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lance Morgan Have any of my colleagues in the healthcare sector experienced problems with scope disinfectors as a result of moving from glute to perasafe? If so i would welcome your comments and any advice on a better alternative. Thanks Lance
Admin  
#2 Posted : 14 June 2002 14:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By steve williamson Hi Lance, After very lengthy deliberation, and much improved assurances from them and equipment manufacturers we went with Superoxidised Water i.e. Sterilox. Not cheap, but the only thing that kept our microbiologists and occ. health happy. Steve Williamson
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 June 2002 14:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Lance Had Perasafe for 3.5 yrs now.Had 2 old trochars become pitted and a leak developing in one of our Labcaire machines attributed to P. but all replaced and repaired under the Antec warranty. The Labcaire issue related to the use of brass or copper joints on pipework that was being degraded, however other existing machines were converted to stainless fittings by Antec. Whatever you choose there will be a compromise. Staff health v patient health v equipment health. NOTHING covers all areas satisfactorily. I just happen to think (after extensive research) that on balance P. is better. No staff health problems, very efficaceous regarding spores (the worst case) and minor equipment problems but backed up by a good warranty. Have recently looked again at Sterilox, Gigasept, Perascope (a very new product), Tristel and Cidex OPA. On balance Perasafe is still the best thing out there - at least for us, in our circumstances. You could do worse than contacting John Babb / Tina Bradley at Hospital Infection Research Lab in Brum