Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2002 09:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Pollington Hi all, I'm defending a claim to which the solicitor has tried the scatter gun approach by citing lots of regulations most of which are irrelevant. The accident occurred inside a factory and had nothing to do with construction. Was the above act still current in July 2001? Does the above act apply to non construction tasks.(the use of a set of mobile steps in a factory) I've tried searching HSE Direct but cannot find any reference to those regs, the only place I can find them is a small entry in John Ridley's 4th (edition, not symphony!!) Thanks in advance Chris.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 June 2002 10:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Chris The 1966 Regs were revoked by the Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regs 1996 when they took effect on 2 September 1996. Regards Paul Leadbetter
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 June 2002 10:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson CHris, Paul's right, the C(HS&W) Regs 1996 replaced them. If it's in a factory and relates to a ladder, then it's more likely that it's the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regs 1992 - Regulation 13 Falls and Falling Objects. Regards, Nick
Admin  
#4 Posted : 20 June 2002 11:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Pollington Gents, Many thanks Chris.