Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 June 2002 06:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Edward Smith I would like to warn everyone of sharp business practices being carried out by a company who phones you up, offers to send you a H&S or Quality report on spec and then tries to charge you up to £400 regardless of what you do with it. I have searched the web for more info on the company and have found 3 reports on a site called http://www.ripoffreport.com/. If you have been contacted by them, do a search on their name for details. These show they use various schemes to extract money from you - often with the threat of legal proceedings if you do not pay up. If you have been contacted by the company my advice would be to flatly refuse their products. If you have unfortunately received one, make sure that you have proof of posting when you return it - or they will deny receiving it and you will be charged for it. If anyone has already been stung I would be grateful for details re methods, outcome etc - get in touch with me directly ( edward.smith90@virgin.net) if you don't want to use the forum. I have contacted the Office of Fair Trading - they would be very interested if a few reports on the company were filed. Let's try and stamp out underhand traders. Ed
Admin  
#2 Posted : 24 June 2002 10:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike Charleston Ed I haven't been a victim but would like to read about the cases. Unfortunately your link is to the entire Ripoff site and despite some extensive searches, I couldn't find what you refer to. How about a bit more help? I appreciate that you need to avoid direct references to the organisation involved, but what about specific search criteria?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 June 2002 10:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster I presume this refers to a company in Edinburgh. The ripoff report is at http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=17353
Admin  
#4 Posted : 25 June 2002 11:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis John Yes we have all met them Bob