Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2002 20:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith C Munro I'm trying to work out how wage rates differ, for field based Safety Officers between UK and Australia. Is Eighteen pounds per hour considered a good rate in the UK? I realise that costs of living need to be taken into account (ours is very low compared to UK) and I haven't factored that in as yet. Many thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 18 July 2002 12:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Keith, £18 per hour is roughly £36,500 per annum (based on a 39hr week which none of us ever sticks to). This would be considered a very favourable rate here as most employers look to get us on the cheap because H&S is not considered as important as production quality and human resources management. I would guess that the majority of H&S professionals would be only to happy to earn this level of salary in the UK (I know I would!!!!). Regards, Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 July 2002 12:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis If you on temporary contracts however £18 per hour is slightly low and most would be paying around £23 in construction - this is for MIOSH + 5 years in construction or equivalent. Bob