Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 July 2002 15:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Young I've just passed a few minutes away looking over the old IOSH Discussion Forum and was reminded of the prolonged arguments & resistance over the change to the new style Forum. Now that this "new" Forum has been up & running for some time, what is the view of the main protagonists and supporting players now?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 19 July 2002 16:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Ouch! I for one have got used to it - the one problem I have is that you need to bring the string up and then click again to get all the responses. Why not bring them up immediately? A lot of the initial hostile reaction was because of the arbitrary way it was done and we can only hope that perhaps IOSH learnt something from that. Strange really because in the H&S world the main tool you must aquire is the ability to suggest and persuade and all that comes with it - if you put in changes without first preparing the ground and without responding properly to comments and criticisms you've lost. Geoff
Admin  
#3 Posted : 19 July 2002 21:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor Many of our initial concerns were met when they listened, responded favourably to us and made improvements. Although I suspect that we have lost participants due to the need for registration.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 22 July 2002 17:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster Yes, we have lost much of the spontaneous and irreverant humour, almost certainly because of registration. Otherwise, many of the early glitches have been modified. However, I do miss the old ability of a thread to branch in several directions. It was much easier to develop a topic when one could reply seperately - and visibly - to any posting. John