Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 August 2002 12:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy On a Managing Safely course, about 2 years ago, a candidate told me of a guard that Hoover use on their loading bays. The guard sounds to be a simple but clever design. It is a balanced L shape guard that swings into two different positions when needed, flush with the edge of the platform for normal purposes and when loading, swings back to accept a pallet, preventing edge access at all times but allowing loading/unloading etc. Sounds great and just what I need for two platforms that are approximately 15 foot high. Does anyone have any firsthand experience of these types of guards, can put me in touch with the suppliers or H&S colleagues that have experience of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated Sincere regards Andy.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 August 2002 13:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Ainsworth Andy, I've never actually witnessed what you are decribing being used but I've seen the adverts in SHP. It sounds like you are looking for the "Ajax - High Level Safety Barrier". Made by CANAL ENGINEERING LTD, Tel: 0115 9866321, Fax: 0115 9860211. Hope this helps. Regards Lee
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 August 2002 13:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Lee, Thankyou, very much appreciated. Regards Andy. P.S Could you confirm which issue of SHP, maybe I've got it. Thanks again
Admin  
#4 Posted : 06 August 2002 14:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Ainsworth Andy, It's in May edition page 86. Regards Lee
Admin  
#5 Posted : 06 August 2002 14:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Lee, Thanks again. Andy.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 15 August 2002 16:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Scott Murdoch Andy give me a ring on 0870 607 5050 I may be able to help you out. Our company deal in dock levellers and other docking equipment regards scott
Admin  
#7 Posted : 15 August 2002 17:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Many thanks to all responses regarding this thread. Scott its funny you should mention it but your company are already quoting as they were on site ref. the dock ramps from a previous thread. I am looking forward to tackling these issues. Again, many thanks to all respondents, long live the forum. Sincere regards Andy.