Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

VWF
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 August 2002 07:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Youel
I want to start a VWF working group. Pref N West but share info with anybody.
I am very experienced re the subject. A/ Help others. B/Trying to stop re inventing the wheel all the time. Current employer is just getting started. I want to know what others are doing.
Regards
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 August 2002 14:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Phil Roberts
Bob,

I would love to join your group if I understood what VWF was.
Sorry about my ignorance, could you please enlighten me. I have been waiting all day for someone else to ask the question but can't contain my curiosity any longer,

Regards

Phil Roberts
Admin  
#3 Posted : 07 August 2002 17:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch
Definition for Phil!

Good idea Bob, but this is a national/international problem.

For benefit of those who know less about this issue than yourself, would comment that there is lots about the Vibration Directive on the HSE website.

May be the best way to deal with it in the North West would be through the North West CDM Support Group.

(I do of course realise that the problems of VWF are not confined to construction work - but construction operatives are amongst the key victim groups)

Peter
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 August 2002 10:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis
I personally think the CDM support group is the wrong place - safety in construction did not begin with CDM and carries on beyond it. This is a widespread problem and people fail to realise that even such as a rotary hammer drill has a limited time of use before the daily dose is exceeded.

I am obviously interested and we need a circle to look at solutions and methods. I have been resorting to diamond sawing to remove parapets in Leeds rather than hand held breakers.

Bob
Admin  
#5 Posted : 09 August 2002 11:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis
Bob
I thought I'd bring this back up the list as I am amazed at the lack of response. E-mail me as it would still be useful locally.

Bob
Admin  
#6 Posted : 12 August 2002 16:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Brisley
Hi Bob,

Am very interested in your proposal, can offer assistance - not least ability to provide MEASUREMENT and funded research facility via university contacts.

Please keep me posted on developments.