Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 August 2002 14:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim McCarthy Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I should be looking to ensure compliance with legislation/best practice in the Isle of Man and in Gibraltar. My main concern is to do with CDM and other construction related legislation. I appreciate that if I use/set UK standards I am likely to (in the main) comply, but does anyone know of anything specific. Thanks Jim
Admin  
#2 Posted : 19 August 2002 16:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Oliver Whitefield Hi Jim I not sure about Gibraltar, but in the IoM we have our own H&S Legislation which is set out by Tynwald (Manx Parliament). This generally follows the UK, but in terms of H&S legislation it is some way behind. For example the UK HSWA was applied to the IoM in 1982. The main construction related legislation is the Construction (Health & Safety) Regulations 1985, which is now very dated and is currently being reviewed and updated by the Islands Safety Inspectorate. As for CDM, this does not (at present) exist in the island, though it is hoped to be introduced sometime in the future, with most major projects being implemented in the spirit of the CDM regulations, and other UK legislation. I hope this helps, though if you need any further info, let me know. Oliver
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 August 2002 09:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Roger Denis DEAN With regard to Gibraltar, we have completed some work there recently and the goverment do have a Safety Inspector, although I do not think that CDM is in place at the moment. Roger Dean 01255 245018