Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 October 2002 19:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Bullows
I have been asked by my MD to obtain quotes for PI to cover the H&S consultancy work I do. I know about Sennet, can anyone recommend any other providers?

Many thanks Paul
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 October 2002 11:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt
You could try a broker. Bland did/do offer this, ?through IOSH. Try looking at the Consultants SG. Norwich Union used to offer it, I have used the Sun Alliance for many years. hope this helps.

Allan
Admin  
#3 Posted : 07 October 2002 11:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By russell calderwood
Colleagues

I posted a meesage on the 9/9/02 - concerning the increasing cost of insurance in relation to projects and PII; particularly the raminifications? - do you have any views on these matters?

Russell Calderwood.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 07 October 2002 17:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Bullows
Thanks Allan, it does help, I will give them a try, regards Paul
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 October 2002 23:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt
Russell, I don't have any comments - insurance is what it is. If it's any help, I know that when the rates went through the roof in the USA, consultants started saying to their clients 'If you want me to carry high levels of PII, then you pay for it.' These days, you'd be daft to be working as a consultant without any PII in my opinion, though having said that, there are hardly any claims made against safety consultants as far as I'm aware. One solution would be to form a limited liability company (which one should anyway for tax reasons) and not tender for any work where you are required to show evidence of PII. In my experience only a small proportion of clients ask for it. But the 'proper' way of doing business is of course to pay out the money for the nice insurance person!

Allan